-
November 1st, 2011, 06:33 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Speaker Protection
Do any of you with older amps use fuses to protect your Altecs?
BTW... Anyone seen Old Guy? I sure miss him posting the good deals.
-
November 1st, 2011, 06:50 PM
#2
Senior Hostboard Member
Re: Speaker Protection

Originally Posted by
Nipper
Do any of you with older amps use fuses to protect your Altecs?
BTW... Anyone seen Old Guy? I sure miss him posting the good deals.

None of my amps have speaker protection fuses but my Model 14's have a "speaker protection circuit" (which I really don't need since they are deafening at under 10 watts).
Yeah, I've noticed Old Guy hasn't been around in a while. Hope he's OK--besides posting all the great deals he really knows his stuff and has always been really helpful with his knowledge.....
-
November 2nd, 2011, 07:07 AM
#3
Senior Hostboard Member
Re: Speaker Protection
Yeah, I've noticed Old Guy hasn't been around in a while. Hope he's OK--besides posting all the great deals he really knows his stuff and has always been really helpful with his knowledge.....
Ditto on that!
Wondering where a few of our old n wise members are?
-
November 2nd, 2011, 09:46 AM
#4
HB Super Moderator
Re: Speaker Protection
OG was last on the board October 26, 2011 10:32 A.M.
Yeah hope all is Ok,it's only been a few days so...
Last edited by Altec Best; November 2nd, 2011 at 09:59 AM.
-
November 2nd, 2011, 10:02 AM
#5
Inactive Member
Re: Speaker Protection
I recently saw a setup where they had monster speaker cables and had fuses in them, seems like that would kind of defeat the purpose of the extra heavy gauge wire but I never believed in that a lot either. 
The reason I am interested in speaker protection now is this Tripath chip amp I am using that I know nothing about. I have never used fuses in the speaker wires to protect the speakers because I doubt the effectiveness but something might be better than nothing.
Does anyone know....
1. When these chip amps die, do they just quit working or can they take the speakers with them?
2. Is there a better way to protect the speakers when using a chip amp if it needs it at all?
Last thing I need is a $27 amp eating my PRECIOUS speakers. Then I would have to fly to Bukang China to hurt someone.
-
November 2nd, 2011, 10:06 AM
#6
Inactive Member
Re: Speaker Protection

Originally Posted by
Altec Best
OG was last on the board October 26, 2011 10:32 A.M.
Yeah hope all is Ok,it's only been a few days so...

Thanks AB! I must have missed his post. Good man.
-
November 2nd, 2011, 11:21 AM
#7
Senior Hostboard Member
Re: Speaker Protection

Originally Posted by
Nipper
Thanks AB! I must have missed his post. Good man.
There may not have been a post that day--his most recent activity (Oct. 26) may have been him just reading something here.......
-
November 2nd, 2011, 01:23 PM
#8
Inactive Member
Re: Speaker Protection

Originally Posted by
voice of the theater
There may not have been a post that day--his most recent activity (Oct. 26) may have been him just reading something here.......
He sure does not need us. He could start his own Altec forum.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28236960 times.
Bookmarks